Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Poetry Explosion

On Sunday night through Monday I literally wrote five poems. That probably means nothing to a poet but for me it was quite an explosion. It all happened because Sunday after my golf tournament my friend from Pittsburgh was texting me. She said "well, that's very swell". So of course I was like oh my gosh you rhymed let me one up you so busted out a four line stanza. This turned into an all day rap-battle through text messaging not just between me and her, but also her twin sister (she must of been jealous).

So when I got home and was laying in bed trying to fall asleep, I got this random rhyme in my head: there-atmosphere. I was like wow that's kinda a cool rhyme so I added some words, made a stanza, and five minutes later I had a six stanza poem that is one, if not the favorite one I've written so far. This of course turned into the explosion I reference too above. I wrote four in school, and three were along the same theme of writing/following those career path dreams, another was about golf...had to, and the other was about how I wanted to write one but I was running out of ideas and rhymes.

Check them out if you want, I posted them all on the site.

No comments:

Post a Comment