Thursday, May 5, 2011

Bones - My new favorite scene

So in light of Bones being new tonight...yay :)...I have decided to put up a scene from last weeks episode. It's not on YouTube yet so I couldn't share the video so I am just going to share the script part, and yeah that took a little to copy down on a paper as I re-watched it.

Okay so the basic storyline is, Angela and Hodgins baby has a 25% chance of being born blind due to them both being Leber Congenital Amaurosis carriers. Angela avoids Hodgins throuhgout the beginning and obviously is hiding something that not even the shrink (Dr Lance Sweets) can get out of her. The whole episode everyone is being radically honest which inspires them to come forth about their true feelings...I hope you all like it!!!

Hodgins: I do not like that painting.
Angela: What?
Hodgins: I'm attempting to open up an honest dialogue between us.
Angela: By insulting my painting?(haha love angie!!)
Hodgins: By being completley honest, no matter what the consequences are. You try, something is obviously on your mind.
Angela: Hodgins we don't-
Hodgins: I'm a big boy, I can take it.
Angela: Yeah, I'm not to sure about that.
Hodgins: Wow, that's a big vote of confidence for the man you're going to be spending the rest of your life with.
Angela: Okay, you are a little too under foot lately.
Hodgins: You can't even see your feet.
Angela: Yeah, but I know you're there. You're overcompensating. You're too cheerful.
Hodgins: I'm too cheerful, Angela we're going to be having a baby.
Angela: I know that, I just feel that we could be more honest about what we could face with the baby.
Hodgins: Come on Angela-
Angela: No, this is real! Just say it. No matter how many smiles we plaster on our faces it's still real, so just say it.
(Hodgins just stares at her)
Angela: Leber Congenital Amaurosis. Our baby could have Leber Congenital Amaurosis!
Hodgins: We've talked about this, even if the baby is blind we can get through it.
Angela: Yeah but it doesn't mean that I'm not scared, or that you're not scared. You just want us to smile and go through this as if nothing is wrong and I just can't do that anymore Jack! I'm sorry I just can't-
Hodgins: (pulls her in his arms) okay okay, I'm sorry. I was just trying to help
Angela: I know that, I know that.
Hodgins: Sometimes I can't breathe I'm so scared.
Angela: (pulls back to look at him) Well that's why you have me, and that's why I have you.
Hodgins: This baby is sooo lucky to have you for a mother.
Angela: You're no slouch yourself, I mean you can be a jerk sometimes, but that's why I love you.
(they kiss)
*and end scene*

You obviously couldn't feel the emotion from this text, but Michaela Conlin who plays Angela Montenegro really added a lot of fear in her voice, it kept cracking like she was fighting back tears, and TJ Thyne who plays Jack Hodgins, did his part really well too. This couple normally doesn't have fights or yell at each other or show that kind of vulnerability so I thought it was just stellar. It was truly amazing, a great scene and a great couple!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment